Ross DixPeek Poems
- “hollywood Vows” (Satirical Po... “Hollywood Vows” (Satirical...
- The Boxer The Boxer By Ross Dix-Peek
- The Wedding Ring! The Wedding Ring! The wedding ring I ...
- Consumerism, Merely Another Go... Consumerism, Merely Another ...
- The Springbok (A Rugby Poem) The Springbok By Ross ...
- The White African The White African By Ross Dix-Peek
- The Immigrant’s Lament The Immigrant’s Lament By Ross ...
Born in Salisbury, Rhodesia, and brought up in South Africa. Now resident in Dublin, Ireland.Came late to Poetry, which ostensibly began as an adjunct to his writing. Interests include Military History, History, Writing and Poetry, The English Language, and Sport. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ross DixPeek
“hollywood Vows” (Satirical Poem)
“Hollywood Vows” (Satirical Poem)
I promise never to love you,
Nor ever to hold you,
If this so-called “marriage” does last but a week
Believe me, that shall be quite a feat,
I promise never to cherish you
And always to be untrue,
For you I shall not care,
For you I cannot bear,
Hate and disdain is all I can offer
And vile vanity all I can proffer,
I promise only “Mammon” to adore
And for you I shall only but abhor,
When life is good and fair
I shall then still be there,
But when I black clouds do ...