roy may Poems
- Beliefs Don’t you sometimes think it odd That wars are ...
- The Pheasant The weather was just how I liked it Looking ...
- Under The Old Red Duster (The ...
- Hellmand 2010 The air is thick with dust and flame, who ...
- The Vanishing Skylark Today I heard an ancient song that took...
- Powerful Pens The pen is greater than the sword or so it’s ...
- Changing Times It seems to me the worlds gone mad Things now...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Don’t you sometimes think it odd
That wars are fought in the name of God?
Behind religion armies hide
Claiming God is on their side
But what is even stranger still
The Gods tell us we must not kill
Yet we strive with all our might
To prove that only our Gods right
And of the others there’s no doubt
Our Gods say we should wipe them out
All religion beneath the sun
Believes that it’s the only one
To whom mankind should kneel and pray
So to these ends we wound and slay
Since the very dawn of time
In Gods name we commit this ...