Samuel Richard Leonard
Samuel Richard Leonard Poems
- Dreamscape Send me off to a place I might sleep, wherein ...
- Are You Or Aren't You Who am I; but another fading face; ...
- Ah I Don't Want To Sleep lift me from the taste of my grave, ...
- Why, In All This Heat Can I No...
- Unwarranted And Unwavering
- Bird Song Awake every morning to hear the birds in their ...
- Run Away From darkness reluctant I do run, trembling from ...
Poems are words for the mute; the heart's note in a bottle lost at sea. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Samuel Richard Leonard
Send me off to a place I might sleep,
wherein safety, in solace, my heart may keep
beating and squeezing my frivolous blood
through the darkest of earth to love's sweet bud.
Pull me along with sweet siren song.
Enchant me, please grant me that I might come along
to a platitude in solitude with gracious ease,
where life's weary grasp may at last release.
Break me free of this consciousness everlasting
send me to sleep in a dreamscape laughing,
where my whim is but law if I speak but a word,
and the loneliness that poisons can finally be cured.