Samuel Richard Leonard
Samuel Richard Leonard Poems
- Ah I Don't Want To Sleep lift me from the taste of my grave, ...
- Why, In All This Heat Can I No...
- I Won't Stop How I fear my heart will lose you, Oh dearest ...
- Unwarranted And Unwavering
- Bird Song Awake every morning to hear the birds in their ...
- Run Away From darkness reluctant I do run, trembling from ...
- Lovers Or Friends She sleeps the way the willow weeps, ...
Poems are words for the mute; the heart's note in a bottle lost at sea. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Samuel Richard Leonard
Lovers Or Friends
She sleeps the way the willow weeps,
masquerading with the breeze.
Flaunting fiercely or so it seems
into her body my heart it seeps.
My soul is brittle like a frozen leaf,
cast down and torn from its tree
it's floating and still upon her seas.
Without her I'd live to be alone.
I don't think she'll find me on my knees,
or begging hands clasped crying 'please.'
Her sadness rattles my bones,
snapping and breaking in various tones.
Submerged in her soul my heart steeps,
Taking what's given and giving what's shown.
Is this love? It's ...