Sarah Getty Poems
- Channel 2: Horowitz Playing M... sits with a small smile, ...
- Presbyopia Old eyes, but wiser, says the Greek.You lose sight...
- Deer, 6:00 Am The deer--neck not birch trunk, eyes not leaf ...
- The Wash A round white troll with a black, greasy heart ...
- That Woman Look! A flash of orange along the river's ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sarah Getty
Channel 2: Horowitz Playing Mozart
sits with a small smile, watching
two speckled frogs or lizards run right
and left, apart, together
on long legs bendable as rubber.
He doesn't bend down, looking,
or sway to keep up with their scuffles,
but sits immobile, his eyes
icon-sized but lidded, following
those mottled creatures.Bow-tied,
sweater-vested, he could be a clerk
at a counter, there to wrap
things up for us the old-fashioned way,
with brown paper and a string.
He is old, no doubting it; his lean
head states the skull's theme clearly.
Strict time has ...