Scott Minar Poems
- A Meeting On The Heights Despite language difficulties it...
- The Sky's Letter In the sky's envelope there is ...
- Another Labyrinth Theseus the King looked out his little ...
- Parade Floats Of Famous Litera... Dostoyevsky's giant liver...
- Report From Hades Last week, the electorate voted ...
- Allons Mes Enfants As a child my heart grew a block of ...
- Corrupted Image Like a comedian in a labor camp, I work ...
College professor and editor. Poems in The Paris Review, Poetry International, Crazyhorse, Ninth Letter, The Laurel Review, and many other journals in the US and Canada. Five books. Joyce Carol Oates: 'Scott Minar's work is a remarkable find.' more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Scott Minar
A Meeting On The Heights
Despite language difficulties it came
to a meeting on the heights.
— Zbigniew Herbert, trans. Alissa Valles
On the last rock of Olympus sits a god
no one knows, his ancient head over-leafed
with wisdom and more than a bit of pain
from holding Prometheus under water
after liberation. His hands
are made of brown quartz. They grind
to silt if he grabs you, but he never does.
What he is Lord of no one remembers,
not even the god himself.
In fact, he is no longer certain
of his body at all, except for the hands
which drag him ...