Seshendra Sharma Poems
- The Burning Sun I am the drop of sweat, I am the sun Rising ...
- Tree A Cathedral Is the flower the Archbishop of a ...
- The Curvature Of Mystery Bereft of leaves, the naked ...
- A Poem: In Delphi (1987) Here the sea is caught in the ...
- Turned Into Water And Fled Awa... I am a wandering gypsy ...
- Earth An Epic Even by bloodshed, which is indefinably ...
- Gorilla-5 We enter a chapter in history when facing life Is ...
An Indian poet Prophet
Visionary Poet of the Millennium
Rivers and poets
Are veins and arteries
Of a country.
Rivers flow like poems
For animals, for birds
And for human beings-
The dreams that rivers dream
Bear fruit in the fields
The dreams that poets dream
Bear fruit in the people-
* * * * *... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Seshendra Sharma
The Burning Sun
I am the drop of sweat, I am the sun
Rising from the hills of human sinews
Hearts are my friends
I live in the city of sufferings
Although in my fist, I hold an ocean of history
I sculptured man silently
Wings that carried birds
Did not bring them back
I am drinking thick darkness
In the haunts of those forests
Which cry out in agony for the birds
That did not return
Clutching at the garment woven of memories
I twine myself to the feet of my country
Heads that were hanging to the trees
Smile as flowers today in the branches
Hearts that received...