Shachia Oryila Poems
- Is This What Parting Means? My mind went blank as I stared ...
- A Fisherman's Dilemma It's no longer a cruise sail In our ...
- If Your... If your torchlight Could shine as bright As a ...
- Chalkboard General We now roll out the drums Amidst fine ...
- A Cry For Help We're poor diseased by years of ...
- Our Bequeath We want power we were born on its ...
- The World's Angel I stood under the umbrella tree on a cool ...
Shachia Oryila is a blogger, freelancer, translator, media consultant, publisher, professional writer and editor. He has been writing professionally for many years now and has a number of published and unpublished works. He is currently working on a historical novel and a collection of poetry which will soon be published. He is also collecting ten thousand Tiv proverbs, aphorisms, metaphors, sayings and idioms which he hopes to post on a daily basis. For many years now he has taught English, Literature in English, Communication and Language courses to A-Level and O'Level students. With his 'Writers & Editors' Kitchen', he has indulged in freelance editing, hired book reviewing projects, paid... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Shachia Oryila
Is This What Parting Means?
My mind went blank
as I stared into the abyss
tortured by thoughts of farewell
boulders of tears stood in my eyes
and coursed down my cheeks
leaving in its sticky paths
erosion of pains and sadness
which made the soil of love
infertile to nourish love-green.
The doors to the way of love
had been locked against me
and the keys flung in the sea.
I swore to drain off the waters
I swore to swim against the tides
and fight amphibious creatures
till I find the way to your heart
even if it meant to stand against
heaven, earth and the nine ...