Shamsur Rahman Poems
- An Ode To Freedom Freedom, you're Tagore's timeless poetry ...
- Roar, O Freedom What shall I do with the spring when I hear ...
- Asad's Shirt Like bunches of blood-red Oleander, Like flaming...
- For A Few Lines Of Poetry I go to a tree and say: Dear ...
- Mask Shower me with petals, heap bouquets around me, I ...
- Shudhangshu rom amidst the plundered temple And the burnt ...
- Poems Journey I'll soon be gone, quite alone And quietly, ...
Shamsur Rahman was a Bangladeshi poet, columnist and journalist. Rahman, who emerged in the latter half of the 20th century, wrote more than sixty books of poetry and is considered a key figure in Bengali literature. He was regarded the unofficial poet laureate of Bangladesh. Major themes in his poetry and writings include liberal humanism, human relations, romanticised rebellion of youth, the emergence of and consequent events in Bangladesh, and opposition to religious fundamentalism.
Early Life and Education
Shamsur Rahman was born in his grandfather's house 46 no. Mahut-Tuli, Dhaka. His paternal home is situated on the bank of the river Meghna, a village named ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Shamsur Rahman
An Ode To Freedom
Tagore's timeless poetry and everlasting lyrics.
Kazi Nazrul, the regally maned magnificent man,
rapturous in creation, oh joy.
the radiant gathering at Shahid Minar on Language Day.
the flag-draped, slogan-serenaded boisterous procession.
the farmer amidst his fields, beaming face.
the village lass's lightsome swim in mid-day pond.
the sinewy muscles on a skilled workman's sun-bronzed arms.
the glint ...