Sharad Chandra Poems
- Foreboding Let a dog whine or a cat cross my way I move on ...
- After The Massacre They tried to bury the bodies but they ...
- Stasis We are living in an age of terror Want, distrust, and...
- All False Show Horses and dogs will wear diapers men will ...
- Super Technology Now that we have super technology norms of...
- Children Without Hope I see them everyday in the street, ...
- A Look Around When tired of being alone with myself in my ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sharad Chandra
A Look Around
When tired of being alone
with myself in my room
I take a walk to look around –
dusty dawn, thirsty birds, lame cows
aged children with burdened brows.
squatting lifelessly about
near the steps of the temple
or at the gate leading to the lake
now turned a grazing ground
for stray cattle;
watching balloons go high in the air
with the detachment of a disgusted octogenaire
of all desire, all curiosity.
tending to new tears
in their tattered pants
or gazing idly at the flies
gorging on the gaping wounds
on their body.