Sibghatullah Khan Poems
- The First Spring Rain As I sit reading in my room, I ...
- On Signing Up For A Phd If I make it, I'll lose my ...
- I Am The Old Man With three scores and ten to my name, and ...
- Making It They had sweated to excel, and work their way ...
- Just A Sunrise And Those Bird... What can I say, dear ...
- Time And Life If seven o'clock is present, twelve is ...
- On Seeing Daffodils My physician had suggested walk among the...
I live in Islamabad, Pakistan. I did my MA in English Literature from University of the Punjab, Lahore in 1994, and PhD in 2013 from NUML, Islamabad. I started dabbling in poetry when I was an undergrad student in 1983-84. I am an Associate Professor of English in Islamabad. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sibghatullah Khan
The First Spring Rain
As I sit reading in my room, I hear
the first Spring rain thumping the Earth.
Since I cannot concentrate, I rush
out on my roofed terrace and see
multiple, muscular, liquid verticals
lustily fall on Earth that lies supine
with all its pores agape. Rain drops,
strong and uncouth, ruffle Earth's chest,
and worm into her crevices and hollows.
She swells up and swallows all that comes
from a thundering Sky. We'll soon watch Earth
loosen her large Pelvis for a Glorious Birth.