Simon Ojewale Poems
- 2013 Finally we've made it here As we march into a new ...
- How Long Worries creep daily in my head, And my soul is ...
- Gone Are The Days Gone are the days When children would ...
- Hold On Great Nation, where is your pride, For I see you ...
- My Heart Is Burdened With a burdened heart I speak A great ...
- The Beggar As I walked across the street I met a man with ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Simon Ojewale
My Heart Is Burdened
With a burdened heart I speak
A great taboo has occurred
For this wickedness has reached its peak
One I pray must be cured
I saw the victims' pain
A sight I could not bear
I saw how they were slain
And left with nothing to wear
They were paraded on the street with bare feet
Villagers cursing, hate filling in the air
The students wondered what their fate would meet
Praying their judgment would turn out fair
But they were thrown to the ground
Their skins lashed beyond recognition
Since no help could be found
Death came as the only premonition