Simon Samuda Poems
- Colour Blindness Race ought not play a role, In the ...
- Nubia I wish I was a Nubian, Black silk skin protected by ...
- Invisible Man A shadow in the night, I, they never see, ...
- Key To Success Do you have good values, Do money and ...
- Brother I, too am your Brother. I am the lighter ...
- Intellectually Black The Black question, As studied by the ...
- Bamboozled We have been Bamboozled. Guantanamo Bay ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Simon Samuda
Race ought not play a role,
In the assessment of an individual.
This commendable thought on racial conduct,
Is considered to be civil.
The historically discriminated,
Agree with these sentiments,
Yet still we take issue.
First, to get too this utopianism,
And get beyond race,
It is paramount,
One takes race into account.
To ignore historic discriminations,
Is tantamount to an admission of racism.
My detractors shout race card, foul.
In order to make race irrelevant,
One must make race ...