Sohrab Sepehri Poems
- Oasis In A Moment If you are coming to me, I am beyond ...
- Friend She was great And belonged to the present time And ...
- Water Let's not soil the water: Perhaps a pigeon is ...
- Beyond Presence Tonight Will journey To the realm of ...
- Near A Distant Realm There was a woman at the door Standing ...
- Morning Glory Past the border of my dream The shadow of a ...
- The Old Tale Of Night O you lost in the stellar green ...
Sohrab Sepehri was born in Kashan on October 7,1928; a very talented artist and a gifted poet, Sepehri shot to stardom with the publication of The Water’s Footfall which was subsequently followed by The Traveler and The Green Volume. Sepehri died of blood cancer in Tehran in 1980.
Sepehri is so popular with the Iranians that he is usually known by his first name ‘Sohrab’ as if he is a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sohrab Sepehri
Oasis In A Moment
If you are coming to me,
I am beyond Oblivion.
Beyond Oblivion is a place
Where dandelions run into the veins of air,
Bringing news of a faraway blooming bush.
The sands bear the footprints of delicate horsemen
Mounting the hilltop of poppies.
Beyond Oblivion, the umbrella of desire is open.
As soon as thirst blows onto the root of a leaf
Rain sings songs of freshness.
One is lonely here.
Where an elm's shadow streams into eternity.
If you are coming to me
Approach gently, softly lest you crack
The fragile china of my solitude! ...