Sulaiman Alimat Taiwo
Sulaiman Alimat Taiwo Poems
- The Barren Sea How long shall I wallow in fears? Alone in ...
- Nature Like A Course The heart weeps, the mind cries The sky...
- Solitude Is Hard, Give Me A Ha... Creeping down my cheeks like...
- Ody life as hard as a stone Happiness lost to lust Honesty ...
- Faith Word and time enough. Smile would stream through my ...
- When Word Has No Limit Once upon the past, when we never ...
- The Barren Thought In the shadow of earth, half of my life ...
Sulaiman, Alimat Taiwo hails from ogbomoso, Oyo state, Nigeria. Born into the family of a partly Yoruba father and a full Ghanaian mother.she studied political science at a federal university in Nigeria. As a campus journalist, she is the current director of publicity of the Union of Campus Journalists Unilorin. As a writer, she is the author of The Foster Child and Harmony of the goddess. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Life fades when half of it is lived in the shadow of lies''Strength
''In the frame of time lives the experience of past''Memory
''Development is an aspiration; keep moving, if need be run''Development
''Surrounded by storms, may my hope never end in fear that the earth doesn't belong to me''fear
Comments about Sulaiman Alimat Taiwo
The Barren Sea
How long shall I wallow in fears?
Alone in the heart of the barren sea
For my eyes cry to see my home in the quiet nest
From the saint of memories, my heart filled with empty hopes
Going blind to ignore my own agony
Will I turn deaf before I hear my own cry?
My belly is an evidence of a fading strength
How long more in this cage of solitude?
The sea of hope soon drying off
Thirsty amidst river, the sea is barren
How long shall I quench my thirst with hope?
Hope soon lost to wish, on the barren sea I ride