That Boy Poems
- A Soul To The Heavens As I go bare foot across the beach, I...
- The Soldier It’s nineteen thirty three. Some lads, a gang of...
- The Park Of Birkenhead I’m walking through this famous park, ...
- My Window I look out my window, My eye duth meet, The ...
- War I often wonder about my house, About floorboards, the ...
- I Am I am a bird, flying over trees. I am a flock of ...
- Jack Of The Jungle There was a young fellow called jack, We...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about That Boy
A Soul To The Heavens
As I go bare foot across the beach,
I see a grain of sand.
A man comes forth as if to teach,
And quickly grabs my hand.
“Don’t touch the sand” his old mouth said,
“It’s precious around here, ”
I saw his cheeks were sore and red,
His words echoed in my ear,
“Don’t touch the sand? ”
I wondered why?
The man lay flat,
As if to die.
He snuggled up to the wind on the floor,
This was nothing I’d ever seen before.
“My wife was here” he said to me,
“So many years before, ”
“She died on this spot” he said to me,
“To the heavens she did ...