The Peak Oil Poet
The Peak Oil Poet Poems
- At How The River Roars i saw God sitting on a log down by ...
- When The Bankers Go To Jail the Bible tells us not to ...
- The Great Australian Poem 'twas in a pub on Oxford ...
- For Our Sons And Daughters Too when all of what we are ...
- New Idolatry We squabble for the pennies of the poor our ...
- Offering the sun in blazing fire torments the drying ...
- Black And White to see the world in 'Black and White' ah ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
At How The River Roars
i saw God sitting on a log
down by the river clean
smiling out towards the dawn
at secrets there unseen
What makes you smile? i called aloud
what happiness is yours?
A broader smile and then the words
'at how the river roars'
i pondered then these words awhile
and sought the sound referred
but all i heard was trickling
and the chirping of a bird
i hear it not oh God of all
why do you jest me so?
and then again that beaming smile
'I think you really know'
Again i thought about God's words
and still i could not see
Oh God ...