Thomas R. Ruffin
Thomas R. Ruffin Poems
- Ancient Tree ancient tree sit there beneath winter ...
- Beneath The Bridge as frozen ground is warmed by a punctual ...
- Six Mile Road what is a the end of this path? I've been ...
- Truth Meadows would you smile for my life if that was all I ...
- Jumper in some midwestern town off some country gravel ...
- The Gods Bring Down The Rains so the gods bring down the ...
- Words That Before I Failed To ... if I raised up my ...
Thomas R. Ruffin resides in Clinton, Mississippi with his wife and children. He is a former FBI Special Agent having served in the Newark, NJ office. He
also served as SWAT Commander and Special Operations Group Commander with the Clinton Police Department, Clinton, Mississippi. Thomas is an
adjunct professor in the Department of History/Political Science at Mississippi College. He is the author of four published volumes of poetry and short stories. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
sit there beneath winter heartbreak
and be burdened by the contravention of man
tree of immeasurable wisdom
limbs be weighted an deadened
decay will set from outward in
as time is not kind
all things end
old trees becomes then fallen
upon forest floors they rot
into the earth
without decent notice
and then, in some time, they are forgotten
much like men
yet from men escape souls
and in spiracle waft they go
… the souls of men
absent such souls
have earthly bindings
so upon cold forest ...