Tolu Akinwole Poems
- A Vision Like a sudden appearance of death, The image ...
- Patch The Gap patch this gap - this widening abyss in my ...
- To My Friend The Artist Madness - How you hate that word! ...
- Of The Jungle Dancers See them caught in the throb of the ...
- Blocked my caged bird's flown away; it's gone away with the...
- The Dead Celebrates His Death The finest cemetery in ...
I strongly believe that the world can be comfortable to live in if youths channel their strengths towards the right ends. To me, the world is not so small we must all compete to live in it, but rather too big for all of us to occupy. My dream is to live in a world of youths who have a passion for excellence and an unquenchable thirst for God.
As a Christian, I pray that all of us come ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tolu Akinwole
Like a sudden appearance of death,
The image intrudes on my vision,
Trampling underfoot every obstructing thought
Like a hurt man bent on revenge,
It reminds me of my offence
And brings to light my sins.
I feel the touch of conscience -
It's as a sharp needle thrust into a balloon -
For the time of forgetfulness,
Of favours so big, but soon forgotten.
The vision -
A painting of all my sins,
All results of forgetfulness
Lingers on in my mind.
The thief must be executed,
The killer must be killed,
But what heppens to the ...