veena srinivas Poems
- Dream Departed I once had a dream, That I cherished held ...
- A Simple Hi It struck me out of the blue, That I always ...
- Looking Back Hurts Looking down my memory lane, I hush my ...
- Heartless! Many a times I sit and ponder, 'What have I ...
- This Is It! ! ! ! Trials and tribulations are a part of life,...
- Take Heart My Friend! ! When the whole world seems so against...
- Dear I trusted you truly, I loved you unconditionally, I ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I once had a dream,
That I cherished held and true.
Long ago it seemed so simple,
But now so hard and vague.
Life has many things to offer,
And yet many things to rip apart.
Out of all those ashed visions,
I still held my dear dream,
Strong and true.
Then came the vicious lady,
Fate, in one of its forms,
And gently transformed my desired dream
Into a ramshackle so weird.
I was drunk with her beauty
And let go my dream.
Now I stand before its cenotaph,
My devastated life and simply say with a dreary heart,
My dear dream departed.