Verus Sanguine Poems
- Bread Upon The Waters Cling loosely to that which you cannot ...
- Past The Clouds Every dropp of rain More subtle than the ...
- Rising Between dawn and dusk you've been broken to pieces ...
- From The Morning Comatose I lie, Sure to rest a thousand ...
- Pearls I see the world for what it is now, The wind that ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Verus Sanguine
Bread Upon The Waters
Cling loosely to that which you cannot keep
To all your riches, your comforts, your luxuries
And the perfume with which flattering, double-edged tongues
Lavish your name and rend your soul
Hold fast to that which you cannot lose
To what death nor life could take from you
And though this wind may change direction,
By dawn, you'll cast your anchor ashore
For better the destitute man with joy and solace
Than the wealthy man with endless torment
Better are dust and spirit
Than gold and wasted pride
So cast your bread upon the waters