Victor Okechukwu Anyaegbuna
Victor Okechukwu Anyaegbuna Poems
- Atoned (In Memory Of Papa) You have dotted the multihued ...
- Change In Reverse Gear Integrity has insulted and humiliated ...
- Enemies Of Nigeria They do not believe in Nigeria Who send ...
- Lonely Girl From the street mourner’s dossier I slipped ...
- Green Deserts Tell me fresh green grass where you grow as ...
- Ode To My Path Rivers on which I shall peacefully sail To ...
- Apathy Oh humanity, that you should behave thus At this of ...
Victor Okechukwu Anyaegbuna, born on November 11,1951 at Aba in Eastern Nigeria, as the first of seven children of same parents, attended Government Secondary School, Afikpo where he was Editor-in-Chief of the school's 'Purple Times' newsletter. He also attended the University of Nigeria, Nsukka where he acquired the Bachelor of Science Honours (B.Sc Hons) degree in Biochemistry, and was the ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Victor Okechukwu Anyaegbuna
Atoned (In Memory Of Papa)
You have dotted the multihued skies
With your credible finite goodness;
You have destroyed ancestral curses
And earned us wholesome splendid victories
In the splendours of open grassland
While you struggled, magnified, scavenged
With matchless humility and fame
These territories of mortal acclaim.
Even now that you have cut across
In liberty, your sail so seamless
Still cleanses and clears our mortal course.
Your small gentle voice of the voiceless
Appeals more the awesome provenance
That we ride these pestilent dungeons
With dauntless ...