Wesley Dante Poems
- The Chalice Of St. Moses Here ye come oh glorious day! Here...
- The Wish To wish upon a black night's moon In the shadow of ...
- Harbinger The test of temptation And the dance before the ...
- The Good Fight The first battle was a battle well fought, ...
- In The Midst Of Battle In the midst of battle on the darkest ...
- Principle Of Perfection The principle of perfection Is in ...
- Little Black Changeling The ebony coffin of hatred counts ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Wesley Dante
The Chalice Of St. Moses
Here ye come oh glorious day!
Here come thee and make thy speech
To whisk thy Majesty on thy glorious wings!
Speak not thy awful words of zest and
Forgetfulness of this day!
Speak instead with the lethargic voice of reason,
and with the tongue of those who pine
for sin and for love eternal.
Tell me not of those who believe
In the tempting sorrow of the golden cattle.
Tell me instead of the beauty of the roses
That lay within the Chalice of St. Moses.