William Cook Poems
- Genus Canis Liberalis I hate to hear dogs barking it reminds...
- Love Is For Suckers immortality is bullshit the only thing ...
- One Minute Of Freedom realization a never-ending vision the...
- Staring Into The Sun staring into the sun white light pure ...
- It Has Been Given What lies outside the heart and soul is ...
- Invocation Of A Dream invocation of a dream here you ...
- The Edge Of The Night A table spread in a tomb, dinner for ...
William Cook is from NZ. BA Hons in English Literature. Published poetry in Canta, Zephyr, Poetry NZ (20) , Southern Ocean Review, Indite Circle; short stories published in Remark issue 34 June '05 and Mindfire Renewed June '05. Currently working on an noir-crime novel & a collection of short stories.
Website: www.williamcook.net, features poetry, prose and graphic art. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about William Cook
Genus Canis Liberalis
I hate to hear dogs barking
it reminds me of the humans
that put them there behind the fences
of boring little houses
with unimaginative small yards
it reminds me of stupidity
bleeding from those ignorant fools
like blood from a wound that never heals
it reminds me of war
& the things that die therein
that had no cause to die
& blunt greed that passes for posterity
& all the other putrid human traits
that we convince ourselves as honourable
we without fault or accountability
judge & jury
to the poor dumb animals
we breed & ...