Yana Djin Poems
- Eternity Haiku Eternity is no bliss. It is a ...
- Pious Haiku One said: I waited for God. Filling myself ...
- Addiction Haiku I sobered up, i faced my misery. ...
- Love Haiku Words. They don't impress me. They are empty, ...
- Way Haiku Words barely brush the surface. Deeds get to the ...
- War The woman sucking on a stone imagined that it was a ...
- Empire Haiku The Empire crumbled. And the rich man became a...
Yana Djin (born 1969, in Tbilisi, Georgia) is an American poet.
She lived in Moscow. In 1980, she emigrated to the United States where she studied philosophy and journalism. Yana Djin writes poetry in English. Her first book of poetry 'Bits And Pieces of Conversations' was published in the US in 1994. Her poems in Russian translation were first published in 1997 in the 'Literaturnaya Gazeta' under the heading 'The New Literary Star' followed by the publications in the literary magazines 'Druzhba Narodov' and 'Novy Mir'. In 2000, Yana Djin's book of poetry (in English and Russian) 'Inevitable' was published in Moscow to critical acclaim. In 2003 her third book of poetry 'Realm ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Yana Djin
is no bliss.
It is a nightmare
before the One
who knows it all
knows you whole.
Do not let the soothsayers
comfort you in vain
with tunnells of light,
of transcendent hue.
finally reach the point of