Yuyutsu Sharma Poems
- Space Cake, Amsterdam "Don't panic," they ...
- Temple, London (For Maggie Hin... Wind howled like the ...
- Mules On the great Tibetan salt route they meet me ...
- Best Poems The kisses you refused were the best like the ...
- River Between your marble shoulders and my hairy ...
- The Lake Fewa, An Unfinished P... From the shoulder of a ...
- Glacier A hope that someday I shall sprout like a tree on ...
Yuyutsu Ram Dass Sharma (also known as Yuyutsu RD Sharma or Yuyutsu Sharma) is a widely traveled Nepali/Indian writer who has read his works at several prestigious places in the world. He moved to Nepal at an early age and now writes in English and Nepali. Half the year, he travels and reads all over the world to read from his works and conducts creative writing workshop at various universities in the United States and Europe but goes trekking in the Himalayas when back home.
Early Life and Education
Yuyutsu RD Sharma was born (5 January 1960) at Nakodar, Punjab and grew up in Nakodar and later at Nangal Township of Shivalik ranges of Mahabharata Hills where his father... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Yuyutsu Sharma
Space Cake, Amsterdam
"Don't panic," they said,
remain cool like your Krishna,
meditate maybe like Buddha,
uttering ‘Om Mani Padme,' jewel in the lotus,
or lie down and relax
like Vishnu on the python-bed
to float on the ocean's currents,
buoyant on the invisible thread
of your breath in slow motion…
Millions of cats prowled around me.
Smoke from shared sex
and hashish joints stung my eyes.
of an awkward fire fed my stomach.
I skidded queasily towards
towards the formidable edge,
unknown ominous frontiers of human life… ...