(001) Father God
Father we leave year 2007 and walk through the gate of 2008
Father God, I thank you for all the years you have given me.
For allowing me to live with love, trust and prosperity.
Oh Father I travelled through darkness back into the light.
You never let me out of your sight.
You are my strength, you are my power,
you never forgot me in my saddest hour.
When all else fails you stand by my side
giving me the courage needed to survive.
Father thank you for the precious gifts,
My children, my talents, the honour to live.
To see your beauty from an earthlings eyes.
To gaze at the view in your awesome sky.
I thank you for the earth so beautiful and green,
the vast waters filled with treasures unseen.
Thank you Father for every breath I take
For the eyes to see each morning i wake
In the name of your precious son Jesus
Thank you Father God.
Melvina Germain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((001) Father God by Melvina Germain )
- That Old Man, Ananta Madhavan
- Awake and awake, gajanan mishra
- True-untrue, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- You are see clearly, gajanan mishra
- a dramatic lover.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- under developed.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Escape, Sandra Feldman
- MUSIC OFF THE WALL! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Expander, Kim Barney
- I believe you never will be too late, Trong Phan
Poem of the Day
- Grandma Kay’s 95th Birthday, Suzanna Chevalier
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)