It's two eighteen.
And soon it will be two nineteen.
And then two twenty.
It's all very consistent, this passing of time.
I hate that about you.
But you, two eighteen,
Are one of my favorites.
You're that moment when you have to contemplate
Whether to call this morning or night,
And that's all i can ask for, really,
From a thing so predictable.
You, two eighteen, are a time for climbing out
Of my window with only a
Candle, a double shot of espresso,
And shitty poetry floating out of
My shitty mind.
In the time it's taken to write this down,
Nine minutes have passed.
And you're gone, two eighteen.
I do sometimes wonder where it is you go
After your sixty seconds of existence.
And maybe i miss you.
Or maybe i just miss shitty poetry and
Timeless rooftop rants.
But you left me, two eighteen.
And so, i suppose,
None of the rest
In the end.
Jesus Fuck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (2: 18 by Jesus Fuck )
- Missing Links, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Evermore, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
- The universe is conspiring in our favor, Sagrario Garcia
- A Disagreement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- O Death Oh Loser, Adeosun Olamide
- How Many Things Are Still Left (The End .., Stephen Warren Williams
- Will I With It Sit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)