26. Tagore's 'Gitanjali'
Few days ago, at a lonely midnight,
I was sucking the aesthetic pleasure of Tagore's 'Gitanjali'.
Suddenly I felt your presence in front of me.
You were calling me by shaking your hands.
My heart bagan to dance with joy.
The two hearts whispered for a moment,
As if they were bosom friends to each other
Since the beginning of the beginning.
Then I departed with you to an unknown sea beach
Where gentle breeze was blowing
In the full moon.
The moon and the sea were busy in love making.
The sea became restless with the kissing of the moon.
But we defeated them in love making.
None but them saw what we were doing there.
Our hearts became a lyre.
With the gentle touch of sweet breeze,
A syrupy music was created out of the lyre.
We lost ourselves in the Paradise for that moment
And enjoyed the ecstasy of Divine Love
That is eternal and perpetual
And that has no beginning and no ending.
Suddenly I heard my mother's voice -
'Even at midnight are you studying? '
I brought back myself with the voice
And saw Tagore's 'Gitanjali' lying before me.
Dipankar Sadhukhan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (26. Tagore's 'Gitanjali' by Dipankar Sadhukhan )
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
- Rodeo Rogues, Saiom Shriver
- Seek And Ye Shall Find, Saiom Shriver
- Starlove, Saiom Shriver
- Sonnet No: 62 I WERE A CUCKOO, I'D SWE.., Dipankar Sadhukhan
- dreams and reality, Rahman Henry
- To Alex. Cunningham, Esq., Writer, Edinb.., Robert Burns
- So many faces, gajanan mishra
- On the Seas and far away, Robert Burns
- Steel Funeral, Dazairie Ronay
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)