A Banker's Lament
No late fees
No accrued interests
No redemption penalties
For you opting out
I will gladly dropp all late charges
To win you back.
I'm a greedy banker
Thought I could compound my interest
Grow richer without you?
But my heart went bankrupt
The moment you closed your account
I've done what no other banker dared to do:
Ransacked every single safe deposit box
Anchored deep within my heart's vault
From all faceted gemstones:
' Red diamonds, blue garnets,
And the one dearest to Mankind
A priceless Jadeite '
Threw all away
Could not bare the thought
That these beauties
Should deserve better safe keeping
Than you the Dearest of all
My one true heart's treasure!
July 27th 2011
copyright Leaking Pen 2011
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Banker's Lament by Leaking Pen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- perhaps I will zip thee, or is it thy? F.., Mandolyn ...
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis
- Together, Kindred velarde
- As Stories Go, Lee Gelis
- Truth Prevails, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan