A Beast Or Not A Beast, That Is The Question
The wolf is resting at my feet.
With lions I have played.
United in a bond of peace,
Together we have grazed.
Sparks walk up to the fire.
Gifts placed upon the alter,
Yet, the flame has no desire.
Words, they have been spoken,
Slaps, they strike my face.
A sheep acts as a beast for prey;
Vanished is all grace.
My mind calls out for justice,
And echoes through the trees,
Then seeing this, a test of love,
The call comes back to me.
Haughtiness is oh so tall,
And groomed in fancy dress.
So high above all others,
With no sins to confess.
A sacrifice smells sweeter
When one lets himself be wronged.
Remove my, self- importance
Where the mark of peace belongs.
Fatty pieces of humility,
When placed upon a fire,
The alter warmly welcomes such
And sends its smell up high.
God’s spirit pours upon him,
From the threshold of his floor.
Peace it is then granted,
We see a beast no more.
Bill Cantrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Beast Or Not A Beast, That Is The Question by Bill Cantrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe
- star came to me, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- u loved me once, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Lets all dance, Vanessa Parodia
- My dog Ben, Nick krakana
- The Bicycle, Udaya R. Tennakoon