A Better Day Will Come
Let's question the conduct
Our style of living
Removing God from the heart of our lives
So we can sin how we want to
And don't do what we know is right
I pray the Father's forgiven me if I go tonight
Why are they scheming?
I need a reason for all the bleeding...
The leading are breathing demons and getting even
The screaming receiving treatment for teaching treason
The streets were teeming with sensless beefing
And people leaving with tires screeching
A mother's weeping and pleading Jesus
I was dreaming...
Deceiving people had taken root
Things will get better maybe if we make it through...
It's only admiration if they're hating you
Turning down criticism's similar to wasting food
Everybody's looking for a crown
Putting so much effort into putting others down
If you're getting ahead
They'll drag you in the ground
Jealousy will make them spread rumors all around
Keep your eyes focused on your target
Tomorrow lies another chance
Better days are coming and I promise you this
We have to stay encouraged and the trouble desist
Dexsta Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Better Day Will Come by Dexsta Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR