A Companionable Love Or 'Working It Out'
The difference between them was palpable,
kind of off key like a strange smell,
they didn't quite gel.
She'd go her way, smooth and easy,
thoughtful and kind, straight,
He was a hard, edgy man, private, not shy,
a sharp tongue __ tough,
so you see the situation.
She tried to wring his neck once,
when they'd had a fight,
you'd never believe it!
Now they're this old couple,
timeless, mild, like peas in a pod
You'd never have guessed their past
and when they sit together
it's a companionable kind of love.
Ruth Walters's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Companionable Love Or 'Working It Out' by Ruth Walters )
- Personal Growth, Daniel Karbon
- Fever, Neela Nath
- Forty Years of Peace, Daniel Karbon
- Fish and Arabs, Daniel Karbon
- Fingers, Daniel Karbon
- Peanut Butter, Daniel Karbon
- Who gives a shit.............by Talile Ali, Talile Ali
- Wild flowers are flowers, but their frag.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beautiful Memories, Prabal Dev
- Who give's a shit, Talile Ali