* A Creed Indeed *
I have a creed:
In word and deed
I will proceed
Without the greed
That can impede
Me to succeed.
I will feed
But not exceed.
I won’t use weed;
I’ll often read,
And be studied,
And thus be freed
From the need
To be pitied;
But not envied
And, too, copied.
I’ll be journeyed;
My home tidied
(Maybe married) .
If I’m bullied
I'd rather plead,
And maybe bleed
Than be dirtied.
Advice I’ll heed
And not mislead
My future seed.
When I’m wearied
I’ll be carried,
But when readied
Myself will lead.
I will not cede,
Or stay worried
-written and submitted by
Shadigo Claws's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (* A Creed Indeed * by Shadigo Claws )
- Blossoming Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Result of chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Living By His Grace, Gbolagade Taiwo
- To See This Giant, David McLansky
- Atmosphere Of Delight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Raggle, Frank Avon
- A New Light Bulb, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)