A Day In City
Wakes up the city
An urgency develops
To beat the crowd.
After a hurried breakfast
Drop children at school
Two wheeler winding
Thro' vehicles on the road.
For a whole multitude
Delays keep occurring
Morning till evening,
Back in order to pick
Children after school
Day's work at the office
Didn't move as planned.
Every day and the next
Monotonous routine at play
Engines idling on with a roar
Nothing in mind of value to score.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Day In City by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Working Man, K.J. Jackson
- I Was About To, Neela Nath
- Saying Goodbye, Myanna Williams
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -34, Ronjoy Brahma
- India You Do Not Know, I Do Not Know, Bijay Kant Dubey
- SeaWorld the Orcas Wish to go Home!, Rachel Nichols
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -33, Ronjoy Brahma
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -32, Ronjoy Brahma