A Dying Rose
I gaze upon a rose, that
represents my life.
Everything it's been through, shows
you all my strife.
As my pedal fall away, with
the Spring time wind.
I fall down to my knees, and
hold the wound I cannot mend.
She look and saw the beauty, and
took hold of my form.
But looks can be deceiving, as
she felt my thorns.
Another one has come and gone, and
left me on the ground.
Autumn comes with its leaves, and
I cannot be found.
But leaves are raked away, but
with it another pedal goes.
Better hurry, for when you get here
I won't be much of a rose.
Another one has come along, and
takes me in her hands.
But my thorns have struck again, and
I fall back to the land.
Now Winter has come, and
I am all alone.
I lay here in the snow, and
shiver to the bone.
Another pedal falls away, from
my weary blossom.
And now you can barely hear,
the thumping of my bosom.
Another hand comes, and
holds me tight.
But too tight she holds me, and
I fall back to the night.
Summer is finally here, so
the green grass grows.
Not too much is left, of
this fading rose.
For another pedal fell, from
she who held me tight.
And I lay alone, in the
warm Summer nights.
Now comes the gentlest, who
held me in her heart.
But she too let me go, and
I fell back to the dark.
Another year has come and gone, and
I am still alone.
Will I ever find my love, now
that I do not know.
But Spring is back, and
love is in the air.
And another pedal falls, to
see you, the one so fair.
But you've come and picked me up, and
you hold me close.
And you still hold me till this day, holding
me, a dying rose.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dying Rose by Shijin Ronin )
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
- open the jar, you'll see i'm laughing, Mandolyn ...
- My Affair, Mark Webster
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)