Like the saplings love the soil
In the royal blue of evening,
So I’ll coil next to you,
Your loyal lover— unbelieving!
In the chambers of my heart,
Deep between the folds and creases,
Lies my delicate love for you,
Until the beating slows and ceases.
Bluer than the sapphire waves,
Redder than huge ruby rings,
Greener than the emerald hills,
Whiter than the angel’s wings,
Pigments swirl and barrage my mind,
The figments of a grand collage,
And standing there amidst the colors,
Your image— a shimmering mirage!
With sleepiness now in my eyes
I slip into a seamless dream,
So vague and vivid, meaningless—
A glimpse, a glimmer, a gleam!
Joshua Dinkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gleam by Joshua Dinkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi