Like the saplings love the soil
In the royal blue of evening,
So I’ll coil next to you,
Your loyal lover— unbelieving!
In the chambers of my heart,
Deep between the folds and creases,
Lies my delicate love for you,
Until the beating slows and ceases.
Bluer than the sapphire waves,
Redder than huge ruby rings,
Greener than the emerald hills,
Whiter than the angel’s wings,
Pigments swirl and barrage my mind,
The figments of a grand collage,
And standing there amidst the colors,
Your image— a shimmering mirage!
With sleepiness now in my eyes
I slip into a seamless dream,
So vague and vivid, meaningless—
A glimpse, a glimmer, a gleam!
Joshua Dinkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gleam by Joshua Dinkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Rock-built Temples of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Working Man, K.J. Jackson
- I Was About To, Neela Nath
- Saying Goodbye, Myanna Williams
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -34, Ronjoy Brahma
- India You Do Not Know, I Do Not Know, Bijay Kant Dubey
- SeaWorld the Orcas Wish to go Home!, Rachel Nichols
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -33, Ronjoy Brahma
- Crazy Mary, Midnights Voice
- Creative Solutions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak