A Lonely Cloud.....[Nature Observation; Humor]
I saw a lonely cloud one day.
It looked small beyond the Bay.
I tried to find a second and failed,
even though I looked each way.
Think of it! A single cloud.
It's loneliness spoke to me aloud.
I wonder how it felt up there.
Was it very proud?
A rarity I think it was;
like an active bee with no buzz;
like a single potato chip;
like a peach skin with no fuzz.
Like one firefighter at a fire;
a solitary pigeon on a wire;
a Facebook member with no 'friend';
a single member in a choir.
It's like an Easter basket with one egg;
a basketball star with one leg;
me with just one word to say;
a fraternity party with just one keg.
I guess you've come to realize by now
that when I saw that cloud I thought 'Wow! '.
If I'd been Adam, with Eve at my side,
to that small distant cloud I might bow.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Lonely Cloud.....[Nature Observation; Humor] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah
- Mendel Anxiety, RISHAD MKPNR
- Beauty Falls..., John Ugolo Umah
- Flooded street, gajanan mishra
- Cloud Maker, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I Meditate On..., John Ugolo Umah
- In-Between The Rain, glen salem
- The Spear That Shakes, Tosin Abegunde
- Groupie Grouplets Grouping, Richard Thripp
- Let the Lines Come, Shalom Freedman