A Lonely Fallen Leaf
One fine morning
In the season of fall
The leaf pick up made its early round
And the trash was just picked
Sun was shining
The sky was blue
And the wind blew in occasional spurts…
The empty trash bin lay on its side
Rocking and rocking with every blow of the wind.
A lonely dry leaf flew by and landed on the ground
Inching forward and backward as the wind blew,
And the empty trash bin kept on rocking.
The world seemed to be in a dynamic equilibrium
With motion of all its elements synchronized.
I watched with curiosity
If the lonely leaf would be trapped in the bin
And make its way to the landfill mound!
With a final gust of wind
The leaf flew past the bin and away
The wind stopped and the bin lay still
And the leaf, I hope, will find a safe place and degrade
And contribute its share to the ecological parade.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lonely Fallen Leaf by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1970-)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(22 March 1941 -)
Poem of the Day
- वो मन की राणी, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Universal Art, Marissa Wheeler
- अंजान अगन है तु, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- आना जाना ऐसा समा, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- The Dark of Night, Marissa Wheeler
- a tortured yellow smile, Mandolyn ...
- जाने तु और जानू मै, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Kofi Awoonor, Richard Blay
- तु ही खयाल कर, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- गीतकार हूँ मै, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar