I close my eyes and see you there.
A beautiful memory that really is so rare.
I remember you so very well.
To this day you have me in your spell.
I hope you're doing very well.
No ills on you have befell.
I remember all the times we had.
All the good with little bad.
What we shared was really rad.
Now I feel so very sad.
You're not here.
Through my head a lonesome spear.
I truly long to have you near.
I close my eyes and see you clear.
Cherishing the memory I hold so dear.
A bond so strong with nothing wrong.
Since that time it's been very long.
Time has passed and still it lasts.
A picture of you that fills the past.
I want you still I know it's real.
No other person knows the deal.
Of what we had or how we feel.
I close my eyes and see you now.
Hear your voice it stops the frown.
It fills my heart the sweetest sound.
In my mind I picture you.
It moves me still.
I hope I move you too.
So close your eyes and think of me.
Feel the love you had for me.
Let it grow and help it show.
You'll find that you already know.
Let it free and we will be,
the greatest love story ever seen.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Memory by Michael McParland )
Did you read them?
- Couture, Mark Doty
- Muse & Drudge [just as I am I come], Harryette Mullen
- When Clouds Thunder, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Beauty Supply, Lee Ann Brown
- Suffering the Unattainable, David Dodd Lee
- Nature and Its Simple ways, Rohit Sapra
- Snowy Owl Goddess, Diane Wakoski
- Much Tattooed Sailor Aboard USS New Jersey, Jehanne Dubrow
- The Ruined Church, David Lewis Paget
- Farewell, Damir Lemaic
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)