A Portrait..... With Different Dimensions!
Top five artists selected
To make portrait of a pretty girl.
All ready with canvas, paints and brushes.
With beautiful girl in front.
Along with audience and panel of judges.
All the portraits were finished and
displayed to audience.
The portrait looked alike the girl.
Was the audience voted for.
Judges comments was Quiet astonishing....
In all the five portraits.....
The girl looked alike at one glance.
But each portrait spoke of different emotions.
It can be said in either ways
One way is...
When one artist saw liveliness
Other saw painfulness in girl
Or may be a boredom to sit on same position
For quiet long.
Mind is never free from thoughts.
The girl thoughts were quiet important
She may have been passing thru different emotions,
At that time though she was sitting idle.
This Made the artist to look with different perspective.
It can be other way too...
The emotions of artist himself got mixed
With the stroke of brushes
And so is the portrait too looked that way.
A thin line of stoke made by a brush
Is quiet sufficient to bring lot of changes.
Similarly, A poem is looked with different perspective.
Readers views and poets view may be same
Or somewhat quiet different.
So it can be said either this way or either that way...
But with some way...
Life is like a beautiful portrait,
looked with different perspective.
We share our perspective because we have Life!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Portrait..... With Different Dimensions! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- How Do I Love Thee?, Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Poem of the Day
- Legendary Nostradamus Prophet, lee fones
- Thomas' Impossible Escape, Susan Wetmore
- Business-like, gajanan mishra
- Why Poetry Is Beautiful, Leong Ming Loong
- Blood Bath, Suresh Dogra
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra
- Schools place of transformation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I love the poet for ever, gajanan mishra
- A Shameless Thief, Chris Zachariou
- Our Last Meeting, Soumita Sarkar Ray