A Portrait..... With Different Dimensions!
Top five artists selected
To make portrait of a pretty girl.
All ready with canvas, paints and brushes.
With beautiful girl in front.
Along with audience and panel of judges.
All the portraits were finished and
displayed to audience.
The portrait looked alike the girl.
Was the audience voted for.
Judges comments was Quiet astonishing....
In all the five portraits.....
The girl looked alike at one glance.
But each portrait spoke of different emotions.
It can be said in either ways
One way is...
When one artist saw liveliness
Other saw painfulness in girl
Or may be a boredom to sit on same position
For quiet long.
Mind is never free from thoughts.
The girl thoughts were quiet important
She may have been passing thru different emotions,
At that time though she was sitting idle.
This Made the artist to look with different perspective.
It can be other way too...
The emotions of artist himself got mixed
With the stroke of brushes
And so is the portrait too looked that way.
A thin line of stoke made by a brush
Is quiet sufficient to bring lot of changes.
Similarly, A poem is looked with different perspective.
Readers views and poets view may be same
Or somewhat quiet different.
So it can be said either this way or either that way...
But with some way...
Life is like a beautiful portrait,
looked with different perspective.
We share our perspective because we have Life!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Portrait..... With Different Dimensions! by Geetha Jayakumar )
- < He >, Aparna Chatterjee
- Never Losing Sight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collectively Protecting America, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Do You Know? Kangaroo., Ima Ryma
- Soap, Sharry Lee
- Blue flowers, Cee Bea
- With Out Your Love I Must Leave, Is It Poetry
- The Importance Of Us, Toheeb Tiamiyu
- Not A Conqueror, Toheeb Tiamiyu
- Ara Oko, Tosin Abegunde
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- November, Thomas Hood
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- She is a hot teen, SWEET LOVER
- I wish I could, Gouda Moon
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)