Michael P. McParland
A Precious Love
Every time I speak to you the darkness lifts,
the pain is through.
I no longer feel so dim and weak.
Knowing of your love so sweet.
You're here today, and now it's all okay.
I no longer feel the lonely cutting blade.
It feels so good here in your arms.
It warms me through and makes me feel oh so strong.
You turn me into a man I like.
You give me hope and clear all spite.
What would I do without you near?
Be consumed by total hate and fear.
Protect me now in tender love.
Keep the world out,
and always be my peaceful dove.
I love you I'm so glad you're mine.
You're the greatest lady of beginning time.
Michael P. McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Precious Love by Michael P. McParland )
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon
- Winter Twilight Haiku, Chenou Liu
- The Season of His Birth, Frank Avon
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken