A Proposal in a Thrilling way!
Shifted to new place
my office too far
No option, commute by bus..
Many calls I got for appointment.
First time I got blank call
Followed everyday the same 12pm
This time my friend took call
He said he want to speak to me only
He said today you look dull
What happen, no charm in your face.
But yesterday you looked gorgeous.
Then each day
Some lovely comments followed
I was just surprised how he know my each details
One day in bus stop one car just stopped and offered lift.
Bluntly I said no.
But later I realized I didn't notice him.
A familiar voice, I heard in office
But he left in no time
Again phone, so you were trying to reach me.
Today, I offered you lift.
Anyway I like your smartness.
Today, you look wonderful.
This colour suits you very well.
You look pretty.
I would like to meet you personally.
I really got embarrassed.
But couldn't find about him.
I felt, I spoke to him many times
Especially the voice, I was trying to recollect.
One day I had presentation
Around twenty people as usual were those.
Just after everything over.
In a 5 minutes, your presentation was superb and you too.
He said lowering voice, you looked awesome.
Can I see you?
What do you mean?
The next day,
Some guest with families arrived surprisingly.
My mom asked me to serve tea and snacks to them.
I thought may be some dads family friend
I served tea to all
But the last person,
Shocked to see him..
What is he doing here
I have met him and spoke to him too in office.
But the word Hello, lowering his voice.
I just stared at him
Cup about to slip from my hand.
But he was sure, such thing will happen, he caught it.
And all started laughing.
It was just the embarrassing moment for me.
A thrilling proposal it was.
Purely my Imagination....
May God bless you all to have beautiful imagination
But do share with us..Thank you.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Proposal in a Thrilling way! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns