A Question of Trust? *
butter wouldn't melt...
Eyes, soft grey blue and perfectly set
Lashes to die for
and such a clever mimic
He taped the Karate Kid
and played it so many times
he could recite every line by heart
He was only eight, too.
then one morning....
I knew it had gone
- the fifty dollar note
It was definitely in my purse last night
I remember checking
and I knew who'd taken it
What to do...
Confront and condemn?
(and guarantee more lies)
Confront with understanding?
(he's a good little actor)
Pretend I haven't noticed?
(and let him get away with it)
that night after story....
Sweetheart, I've been thinking...
Well, some kids bring money to school, don't they?
To buy lunches and stuff.
I guess sometimes you wish you had some?
To buy stuff yourself, I mean...
Would this help?
I handed him ten dollars
When I checked my purse
the fifty dollar note
*inspired by A S Neil
Alison Cassidy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Question of Trust? * by Alison Cassidy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer
- The Muse, Midnights Voice