A Question of Trust? *
butter wouldn't melt...
Eyes, soft grey blue and perfectly set
Lashes to die for
and such a clever mimic
He taped the Karate Kid
and played it so many times
he could recite every line by heart
He was only eight, too.
then one morning....
I knew it had gone
- the fifty dollar note
It was definitely in my purse last night
I remember checking
and I knew who'd taken it
What to do...
Confront and condemn?
(and guarantee more lies)
Confront with understanding?
(he's a good little actor)
Pretend I haven't noticed?
(and let him get away with it)
that night after story....
Sweetheart, I've been thinking...
Well, some kids bring money to school, don't they?
To buy lunches and stuff.
I guess sometimes you wish you had some?
To buy stuff yourself, I mean...
Would this help?
I handed him ten dollars
When I checked my purse
the fifty dollar note
*inspired by A S Neil
Alison Cassidy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Question of Trust? * by Alison Cassidy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- It's The Fairy Queen Out Of Sight In Pal.., mary douglas
- *VII*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- Every Man Remembered!, Denis Martindale
- White Frosted Cake Viewed At Ages 6 and 7, mary douglas
- Imprimatura, mary douglas
- What Catfish Is For - Meditation In Caro.., Warren Falcon
- Forgotten Waltz No.2 (After Liszt), mary douglas
- Freedom, Please, Sandra Feldman
- Billy The Kid In A Sky Blue Kerchief, mary douglas
- SERVANTHOOD, MYK NWACHUKWU