Palas Kumar Ray
A River In My Heart
I carry a river
bhatiyali songs to me.
I carry her in my heart.
She carries chip, pansi, dingi, sampan
and all other kinds of boats-
of fishermen's pride.
Also she carries chital, boyal, haair
puti, khalisa, meni, pangus and all other
fishermen's secret riches.
She carries brides shy
going first time to her new home
in a bojra or gaina with tearful eyes.
She carries besides
all those nimbus clouds of the sky
to their home to the sea nearby.
But this river I carry in my heart
also carries memory of a frightening
war trodden night.
I carry this river in my heart
singing bhatiyali songs to me
far far away who carries my mind.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A River In My Heart by Palas Kumar Ray )
- Blossoming Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Result of chemistry, gajanan mishra
- Living By His Grace, Gbolagade Taiwo
- To See This Giant, David McLansky
- Atmosphere Of Delight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Raggle, Frank Avon
- A New Light Bulb, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)