A Sailboat's Last Thoughts.......[Human/Sailboat Nature; Drama; Weather]
The storm clouds covered the sun,
bringing to an end the day-of-fun.
I knew my owner was not too bright;
I resisted his casting off with all my might.
But though I'm bigger and stronger than him,
I was at the mercy of his every whim.
But this day my fate had a second master.
Both the human and weather brought me disaster.
First the wind picked up for an hour,
bringing with it a late afternoon shower.
He sailed me on while showing no fear
but just opened himself another beer.
I had enough anger and fear for us both;
if I could speak I'd swear an oath
that, if once more we did reach shore,
with that jerk I'd sail no more.
He'd probably not checked forecast or a chart.
What a foolish, misguided, drunken fart!
I tried to come up with a positive thought.
Try as I might I came up with naught, and
he made no effort to motor me in.
In nautical circles that is a sin.
When beer was gone he went down below.
With more rain came an increased easterly blow.
Wind that is, a fearsome blast,
which tore my sails and snapped my mast.
I've never been a boat much to pray,
but I beseeched Neptune on this, my last, day.
My only hope was to stay afloat!
If I could wield a pen I'd have written a note,
damning my owner and his beer as well,
and wishing them both bad luck in Sailors' Hell.
The wind increased even more for an hour.
Freezing rain developed from what was a shower.
The sea filled the cabin below;
what became of him I don't care and don't know.
My last thoughts were of the owner I never did thank.
He was my first owner before I was lost to the bank.
He kept my sails in order and fuel in my tank.
And HE checked weather and charts, and HE never drank.
Poet Other Poems
- (Knotty) Conundrum; Naughty Condom (Or...
- (Marriage) Equality..... [see the tit...
- (Money) Laundering...... [White collar?...
- [Humor] Speak To Me, Moon..... [Speaking...
- [Humor]..... Not Sharing MY Food With Th...
- [Jake's] Christmas Eve.....[Exploration;...
- [War] Boy In An Envelope..... [War (Vi...
- 100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] .........
- 123.... Shabu.....[Mystery language fun;...
- 1AAA..... 'Wrong Verification Code'....[...
- 2013..... Happy New Year! ..... [Serious...
- 5 'Religious' Limericks.... [some 2006 t...
- 5th Wedding Anniversary...... [nicknames...
- '6 Foot 3'......[LONG; Scary; Gross; Mur...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.