A True Story
I am remembering you so much and I do not know why?
As I was remembering something which you said long back.
If you remember I told you that complexion of my teeth is yellow
You asked me why?
To that I replied, due to my medications
You said to me, still brush your teeth no matter what, before you sleep.
You were so understanding and instead of going away from me
Still, you came closer
That is when I realized that you really do love me.
I know yellow teeth are not attractive as teeth are supposed to be white
Even then you remained with me.
Those were the times I still remember
As your love was always about giving
You were so true.
Honestly, even if I try to find a girl like you
It still is never possible.
I have failed in finding a girl exactly like you
Now I know, nobody can ever match you
I am crying so much right now
Why did I lose you?
Regret, I really regret losing you
Finding a girl who is so accepting as you is just impossible.
Now, even god has taught me a lesson
It is of never letting a girl go, who loves you so much
As later you will only regret.
Rohit Sapra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A True Story by Rohit Sapra )
Did you read them?
- How Can i Forget You, Akhtar Jawad
- The Music Of The Prayer, Shalom Freedman
- Mere Maula, Mere Maula, Rakesh Sinha
- Fact, Somanathan Iyer
- missing my son, jaquesha webb
- Love is tolerance, Somanathan Iyer
- Flattered lives, Somanathan Iyer
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colorless Light, Sandra Feldman
- The ragged men of Indian English poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Art of Disappearing, Naomi Shihab Nye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Friends Departed, Henry Vaughan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)