A Walk I Will Not Forget
It was a beautiful sunshine
hot summer day;
lovely spent with thee, sweetheart mine,
a bright scorching sizzle, in the month of May.
Walking together and holding hands
along the enchanting pathway,
filled with blossomed flowers divinely as it stands;
wherever we walk, doesn't matter which way.
From time-to-time, the gently breezing
wind silently whistles;
softly blowing trees begin rustling
accompanied by bird chirps.
Frolicking through the flowers; children were we
running, jumping, and skipping in happiness
high. Resting upon a tree branch, gazing outward with thee,
at the sunset together is oh so precious.
Sweetly sleeping in my warm
loving arms; I tenderly kiss and sing;
never thinking nor desiring to harm -
thankful, for your love you bring.
Nicholas Nikolov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Walk I Will Not Forget by Nicholas Nikolov )
- What A Wondrous Thing, Joshua Chuhran
- Falling Doves, Joshua Chuhran
- The Simple Life, Nate Morris
- To touch a star is to be touch by the st.., Raymond Sawyer
- A Prayer For Self Identity, Maurice Harris
- throwing sticks at the stars, Mandolyn ...
- For the Love of Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- The stars that whisper the name Star Buc.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
Poem of the Day
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)