Andrew F. Turner
A Winter's Day
On a morning blue you came.
Asking, 'What is meant to be? '
And on that day, a bleary day
I buzzed and stung, much like a bee
You asked me so,
“What can I do?
She struck me down with all but fists
Here I am,
On this day of mists,
What can I do, what shall I do?
Love is like a winter’s day
Cold and true but lonely and blue
What is the key?
What can I do?
What is meant to be? ”
I said to you;
'Listen to me now!
What’ll be will be, and I can see
That all that’s been and all that’s keen
Will stay there in your lonely heart,
Forever there, forever green
Never blue and never true”
You fought, I flew and that is all.
But soon I called,
for that winter's day it seemed,
would come all day, in every dream.
You cannot have her, this you feel
but you need her.
What shall you do? What will you do?
If you must plant this seed?
You feel lost, away from home
and you know naught to do.
You wish for day and night, I see
you want for her, this I believe.
You feel scared
deep down; in here.
I know the feeling well.
But you know what, my dear young friend?
Love's not far, not lost, not gone!
Do not despair, do not fear!
Just turn around and, hear hear!
A new horizon's coming near,
a frosty winter day's appeared.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Winter's Day by Andrew F. Turner )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson