Andrew F. Turner
A Winter's Day
On a morning blue you came.
Asking, 'What is meant to be? '
And on that day, a bleary day
I buzzed and stung, much like a bee
You asked me so,
“What can I do?
She struck me down with all but fists
Here I am,
On this day of mists,
What can I do, what shall I do?
Love is like a winter’s day
Cold and true but lonely and blue
What is the key?
What can I do?
What is meant to be? ”
I said to you;
'Listen to me now!
What’ll be will be, and I can see
That all that’s been and all that’s keen
Will stay there in your lonely heart,
Forever there, forever green
Never blue and never true”
You fought, I flew and that is all.
But soon I called,
for that winter's day it seemed,
would come all day, in every dream.
You cannot have her, this you feel
but you need her.
What shall you do? What will you do?
If you must plant this seed?
You feel lost, away from home
and you know naught to do.
You wish for day and night, I see
you want for her, this I believe.
You feel scared
deep down; in here.
I know the feeling well.
But you know what, my dear young friend?
Love's not far, not lost, not gone!
Do not despair, do not fear!
Just turn around and, hear hear!
A new horizon's coming near,
a frosty winter day's appeared.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Winter's Day by Andrew F. Turner )
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There be a whole civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Under the Flag of Civilization, Emmanuel George Cefai
- United in flying, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poet Seer in parable., Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a Poet Seer and the people gat.., Emmanuel George Cefai
- We are meant, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dare Not To Tell You., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- ' Emeralds And Black Diamon.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- ' In This Autumn Of The Yea.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
(A Collection of Select Works...)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)