Aching With Restraint
I am aching to find my way into you.
I am vascilating with acceptance of your restraint.
Where is the door?
Why do I crave to find it, touch it, open it...
Why is it obscured?
I imagine it to be sealed.
I think it must be very, very heavy, perhaps steel?
Why am I standing, always,
on the outside?
Why do I wait
to be invited?
What if you long to have me barrel-through?
I don't know how.
I want it to be mutually
Renee Marie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Aching With Restraint by Renee Marie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar