All Around Me
All around me,
I see smiles of joy,
on the breeze.
without a care
Or a please.
I promised myself
that I would never
But you make me feel
something that my heart is
I thought that
love would be
All that I could need;
never thought that
I'd have to be
one of love's causalities.
Up until now,
that love was fair.
Nothing seems to help;
I don't even know myself.
The sky is constantly grey
without that single ray.
I see old flames,
watch them walk by
With another guy
And I think
Why did I try?
Then I look at you,
But I don't know
what to believe.
Do I trust my heart again?
Or do I walk away?
Jacob Atkinson's Other Poems
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Around Me by Jacob Atkinson )
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns