All Around Me
All around me,
I see smiles of joy,
on the breeze.
without a care
Or a please.
I promised myself
that I would never
But you make me feel
something that my heart is
I thought that
love would be
All that I could need;
never thought that
I'd have to be
one of love's causalities.
Up until now,
that love was fair.
Nothing seems to help;
I don't even know myself.
The sky is constantly grey
without that single ray.
I see old flames,
watch them walk by
With another guy
And I think
Why did I try?
Then I look at you,
But I don't know
what to believe.
Do I trust my heart again?
Or do I walk away?
Jacob Atkinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Around Me by Jacob Atkinson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Sharart, Akhtar Jawad
- Expression Eruption: Confidence, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra